LookOUT 2007

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Feb 20 19:15:02 CET 2007

Glenn Steen spake the following on 2/20/2007 1:17 AM:
> On 20/02/07, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>> Glenn Steen spake the following on 2/19/2007 1:19 PM:
>> > (snip)
>> > Please define "Googlers". I'm sure I don't quite get this term. AOL
>> > users, shortened (IMO wrongly) to AOL'ers, sure... But "Googlers"?
>> > Perhaps it's something I miss as being non-native to the English
>> > languge?

>> > I'm sure that "grok" is part and parcel of any modern dictionary too
>> > (feel free to find me some nice reference;-).
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> Glenn,
>> I would have to say that you are more capable and articulate in
>> English than
>> many of the people I went to school here with!
> Thank you. I do make an effort;). This is in part why I'd like the
> term "Googlers" explained (As you know, this is not the first time I'm
> asking about ... slang... on this list.:-)
>
>> I wish I could be so with a second language. Other than the small
>> amount of
>> Portuguese I picked up as a child, I am monolingual.
>> I am only slightly functional in understanding Spanish also, but can
>> not speak
>> any.
> Well ... Around here we're "forced" to learn English (and Swedish, of
> course:), and usually a third and maybe a forth language too... My
> French is abominable though (mainly from lack of use:-). I should've
> gone with German or Spanish:-).
> Anyway, all you really need is to know how to order a beer;).
>
> Cheers
In most pubs I've been in, you only have to be able to order the first one.
After that the bartenders all seem to understand the finger pointing to the
empty glass as the universal sign of "I'll have another"!

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and