Diskspace on redhat ent 3

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 00:29:55 CET 2007

On 13/02/07, Rob Poe <rpoe at plattesheriff.org> wrote:
> That's what I do .. right or wrong ..
>
> Got tired of older installs that ran out of space on (wherever)..
>
> One vendor I work with requires their directory be on a different partition.  They insisted that if someone did a rm * -Rf from the / that it wouldn't delete the stuff in their directory ..
>
> Never tried it honestly probably should ..

The real kicker is to do a depth-first find -exec rm -f ..... Did I
convince one of the professors back in shool (sometime just after the
dinosaurs got extinct:) to do that on a research box, containing
virtually all the ongoing work... And did he really do it,,,, and let
it run for _hours_ (slow disks back then:), until someone got a
"/dev/tty01: file not found"... Nah, I'm probably remembering wrong:-D

Cheers
--
-- Glenn