Diskspace on redhat ent 3

Rob Poe rpoe at plattesheriff.org
Tue Feb 13 23:00:56 CET 2007

That's what I do .. right or wrong ..

Got tired of older installs that ran out of space on (wherever)..

One vendor I work with requires their directory be on a different partition.  They insisted that if someone did a rm * -Rf from the / that it wouldn't delete the stuff in their directory ..

Never tried it honestly probably should ..

>>> "Peter Nitschke" <email at ace.net.au> 2/13/2007 1:38 PM >>>
Is it still valid to even have a lot of seperate partitions these days?

If the hard drive dies you are usually pretty well stuffed no matter how
many partitions you have.

Mostly our mail servers are single purpose machines, so I just have a 1Gb
swap partition and give the rest to /.  No problems with partitions running
out of space.

Or is this still Unix/Linux heresy?

Peter