Mqueue.in huge

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 15:24:47 CET 2007

On 13/02/07, Marcello Anderlini <m.anderlini at database.it> wrote:
> Mailscanner  4.50.15.1
> Spammassasin Version     : 3.1.7 Release     : 1.el4.rf
>
> Name        : sendmail
> Version     : 8.13.1                            Vendor: CentOS
> Release     : 3.RHEL4.5
>
> I do not use any plugins for SA and this is the output of
> ls -l /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root 11361 Feb 12 18:00
> /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root    41 Jan 21  2005
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf
>
> Thanks again
>
> Best regards

Ok, not the freshest MailScanner version one has seen... Consider an
update. it is fairly easy and well-documented in the MAQ how to do
that on RPM-based systems like yours
(http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index#upgrade_rpm).

What does the 41 bytes of /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf say?
Looks almost like a symlink-turned-normal-file, just from the size of
it.
Try moving that mailscanner.cf out of the way and doing
ln -s /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf
... just to make sure it is a link. Hm, come to think of it, I don't
rightly remember at which version MailScanner switched to assuming
that symlink to be there... If you update to the latest stable version
(which I think you should), you _will_ need it.
--
-- Glenn