LookOUT 2007

Res res at ausics.net
Tue Feb 13 06:40:23 CET 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Jon Radel wrote:

>> on servers? errrr I think ull find unix was around long before then :)
>> we used SunOS where I was back then, but thats over 20 years ago, and
>> before that we used somthing else, (memory faded cant recall what)
>
> Oh, don't tell me you used VMS before it went all Open on us....  I've

VMS might have been it, but I doubt we had anything special (it was only
a print media company I worked for at the time) but I was only there for
a short time before we moved to SunOS bout 84? I woulda been 18 then so
sounds around that era.

> still got a MicroVAX sitting in the garage; really should throw it out
> someday.

Donate it to a museum :)

> I was also going to note earlier that amid all this talk about MS bloat,
> that I've noticed certain Linux distributions are getting tad heavy
> these days.  Time to move to OpenBSD.  :-)

Nah :) I have been thinking of getting a copy of openslowaris and running
that for a few weeks on a spare dekstop at home to see how it measures up.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie