LookOUT 2007

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 09:43:31 CET 2007

On 13/02/07, Jon Radel <jon at radel.com> wrote:
(snip)
> I was also going to note earlier that amid all this talk about MS bloat,
> that I've noticed certain Linux distributions are getting tad heavy
> these days.  Time to move to OpenBSD.  :-)

Well... Before the _closing_ comment on this _useless_ thread, let me
note that I just the other week took one of the "bloated" distros
(Mandriva 2007, with (Hopefully) AIGLX/Xgl, compiz and all) and
installed it without a hitch on an old Compaq SFF (1.0 GHz, 512 MiB
RAM, 20 GiB HDD, integrated graphics... Junk, but not that bad:-) and
it runs really OK... Sure, not as snappy as on a more modern box, but
still more than enough for the relatives I'm donating it to;-).
Bloated indeed... A matter of relativity, I'd say:-):-).

(Hopefully:-) Final note on this thread:
Although I do enjoy the banter and all, has any of you reflected on
this thread going from slightly off-topic (LookOut is at best tangent
to MailScanner) to not related to anything at all (Vista performance
and HW "policies".... Have much to do with MailScanner has it?
No.).... Please desist, and take anything firther off-list will you?

Cheers
--
-- Glenn