LookOUT 2007

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Tue Feb 13 06:20:02 CET 2007

Res wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, sandrews at andrewscompanies.com wrote:
>
>> Not a load of rot.  Linus didn't go playing around until 1991.  At that
>> point, it was pretty much Microsoft and OS2; and they were both pushing
>
> on servers? errrr I think ull find unix was around long before then :)
> we used SunOS where I was back then, but thats over 20 years ago, and
> before that we used somthing else, (memory faded cant recall what)

Oh, don't tell me you used VMS before it went all Open on us....  I've
still got a MicroVAX sitting in the garage; really should throw it out
someday.

I was also going to note earlier that amid all this talk about MS bloat,
that I've noticed certain Linux distributions are getting tad heavy
these days.  Time to move to OpenBSD.  :-)

--Jon Radel