"not cached, timed out" in spam that scored 0.

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 22:31:17 CET 2007

I was browsing my mailwatch "recent 50" messages and spotted a 0.00
score message that I could tell right away was junk spam.

It was 39k in size and was routed from RR residential, and direct from
a cable modem.

Obvious botnet picture spam...

But looking at the header, for the spam report, it simply said:

not cached
timed out

---

Then I started looking deeper, and for today, I found this:

[root at mailgw log]# grep "timed out" maillog
Feb 12 13:07:46 mailgw MailScanner[1006]: SpamAssassin timed out and
was killed, failure 1 of 10
Feb 12 14:44:04 mailgw MailScanner[15377]: SpamAssassin timed out and
was killed, failure 1 of 10
Feb 12 14:47:40 mailgw MailScanner[2613]: SpamAssassin timed out and
was killed, failure 1 of 10

Only three lines out of 160K lines of maillog for the day so far.

Where would I look for this timeout setting? If I'm only getting stuck
three times a day on this, I'd like to be a little more forgiving if
possible.

Thanks,
Angelo