Mailscanner generated duplicate message.

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Mon Dec 24 15:01:03 GMT 2007

On 12/24/2007 3:23 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Alex Broens wrote:
>> probably totally irrelevant yet got a hunch...
>>

>> what are your settings in MailScanner.conf for
>>
>> Queue Scan Interval
>>
>> Max Unscanned Messages Per Scan
>>
>> Max Unsafe Messages Per Scan
>

> Queue Scan Interval = 6
>
> Max Unscanned Messages Per Scan = 30
>
> Max Unsafe Messages Per Scan = 30
>

>> Could it be you're seeing a race condition between scanning threads?
>

> This is exactly what the problem seems to be, but I don't know what to
> do to prevent it or what I could have done or omitted to cause it.
>
> I suppose I could set
>
> Max Children = 1
>
> but that seems extreme, and it seems if it were necessary, more than
> just me would be seeing this problem.

Single CPU:

Max Children = 5

Dual:

Max Children = 8

(keep the box relaxed till you get the stuff to process)

Pls try:

Queue Scan Interval = 15

Max Unscanned Messages Per Scan = 5
Max Unsafe Messages Per Scan = 5

You may need to tweek "Queue Scan Interval" to your box's perfomance

my rule of thumb:

Queue Scan Interval = thread_count + 3

keep us posted

h2h