Mailscanner generated duplicate message.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 24 14:23:51 GMT 2007

Alex Broens wrote:

>probably totally irrelevant yet got a hunch...
>

>what are your settings in MailScanner.conf for
>
>Queue Scan Interval
>
>Max Unscanned Messages Per Scan
>
>Max Unsafe Messages Per Scan

Queue Scan Interval = 6

Max Unscanned Messages Per Scan = 30

Max Unsafe Messages Per Scan = 30

>Could it be you're seeing a race condition between scanning threads?

This is exactly what the problem seems to be, but I don't know what to
do to prevent it or what I could have done or omitted to cause it.

I suppose I could set

Max Children = 1

but that seems extreme, and it seems if it were necessary, more than
just me would be seeing this problem.