MailScanner --lint doesn't check Eicar virus - OK here!

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Fri Dec 7 10:56:58 GMT 2007

On Friday December 07, 2007 at 05:46:30 (AM) David Lee wrote:

> > I don't really want to upgrade the copy of MIME-tools I use to the
> > latest, as it now requires Perl 5.8. This will royally screw many of the
> > Solaris users out there who only have Perl 5.6 available.

Perl-5.6 is ancient. Many of my perl based programs can not run under it.

This is probably a dumb question; however, why can't or don't Solaris users
update to the latest version of Perl? As a FreeBSD user, that is a simple
matter. The ports system on FBSD is virtually always up to date.

Sorry; however, I just do not understand how Solaris works.

--
Gerard