Can't block wmv files

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 2 15:00:14 GMT 2007

Hi Glenn,

--- Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/12/2007, Hugo van der Kooij
> <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:
> >
> > Michael Mansour wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm using:
> > >
> > > mailscanner-4.65.3-1.noarch
> > >
> > > and trying to block various movie files for a
> domain.
> > >
> > > I have done this sort of setup numerous times
> for other domains and it
> > > all works fine, but for this one particular
> domain I cannot get it to
> > > work. wmv's, avi's, mpg's, etc all pass through.
> >
> > First off. You never told us the difference with
> the other domains.
> > While it may seem irrelevant to you the exact
> samples wil propably be
> > very relevant.  Can you packup the whole set of
> files and make it
> > available? It will definitly beat the snippets you
> post in the messages
> > as important information might get lost.
> >
> > At one time I have been staring months on some odd
> behaviour.
> >
> > I finaly removed a set of lines and retyped as
> they appeared and to
> > problems was gone. I did a diff to a backup file
> and there was a literal
> > backspace character in the config file which I
> never noticed before.
> >
> > Hugo.
> >
> Haven't we all done more or less the same at some
> time...?:-):-)

Well, if this is the case for me (I doubt it as I copy
config files from prior setups) it'll be the first
time :)

> One thing Michael, ISTR you saying you used vi to
> edit the files... in
> some quirky set of circumstance vi may miss such a
> thing as a
> non-printable... "od" is your friend;-).

I'll send you and Hugo my config files privately so
you can take a look.

> If it works on some hosts (that seem to be
> identical) and not on this
> one... Either they aren't as similar as you think,
> or there is a
> difference (that matters...) in the config files.
> Don't give up.... yet!-):-)

Originally I never said hosts, only one domain. But
since then I have discovered that the deny rules don't
work for any domains that are hosted. The priority in
solving this urgently has just gone up a notch for me.

Regards,

Michael.