Can't block wmv files

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 12:11:03 GMT 2007

On 02/12/2007, Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:

> Michael Mansour wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using:
> >
> > mailscanner-4.65.3-1.noarch
> >
> > and trying to block various movie files for a domain.
> >
> > I have done this sort of setup numerous times for other domains and it
> > all works fine, but for this one particular domain I cannot get it to
> > work. wmv's, avi's, mpg's, etc all pass through.
>
> First off. You never told us the difference with the other domains.
> While it may seem irrelevant to you the exact  samples wil propably be
> very relevant.  Can you packup the whole set of files and make it
> available? It will definitly beat the snippets you post in the messages
> as important information might get lost.
>
> At one time I have been staring months on some odd behaviour.
>
> I finaly removed a set of lines and retyped as they appeared and to
> problems was gone. I did a diff to a backup file and there was a literal
> backspace character in the config file which I never noticed before.
>
> Hugo.

Haven't we all done more or less the same at some time...?:-):-)

One thing Michael, ISTR you saying you used vi to edit the files... in
some quirky set of circumstance vi may miss such a thing as a
non-printable... "od" is your friend;-).

If it works on some hosts (that seem to be identical) and not on this
one... Either they aren't as similar as you think, or there is a
difference (that matters...) in the config files.
Don't give up.... yet!-):-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn