DCC not scoring from within MailScanner

Sarah Trayser waytotheweb at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 28 22:15:15 IST 2007

Thanks for all the replies.

We're using dccproc, not dccifd.

On 28/08/07, Gareth <list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com> wrote:
> The top 3 problems with getting DCC to work are :-
>
> 1) Firewall but this wont allow it to work from the command prompt for any
> user.

Although we do run a firewall, that can't be the issue since it's
working from the command line.

> 2) Permissions. Test it under the same user which mailscanner runs as.

In my testing I did this. DCC works when I run a spamassassin test as
the mailscanner user, just not when MailScanner calls it, apparently.

> 3) Path issues. Make sure you correctly have the dcc path set in the
> spamassassin configuration. This is the error I made which resulted in the
> same issue you are experiencing.

Wouldn't this affect the command line test as well? Where would this
be set - mailscanner.cf > spam.assassin.prefs.conf? This is what I see
in that file:

ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
#dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc
endif

As far as I know we have not changed that so I assume it has always
been commented out.

--
Regards,
Sarah Trayser