DCC not scoring from within MailScanner

Sarah Trayser waytotheweb at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 30 16:44:13 IST 2007

On 28/08/2007, Sarah Trayser <waytotheweb at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies.
>
> We're using dccproc, not dccifd.
>
> On 28/08/07, Gareth <list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com> wrote:
> > The top 3 problems with getting DCC to work are :-
> >
> > 1) Firewall but this wont allow it to work from the command prompt for any
> > user.
>
> Although we do run a firewall, that can't be the issue since it's
> working from the command line.
>

> > 2) Permissions. Test it under the same user which mailscanner runs as.
>
> In my testing I did this. DCC works when I run a spamassassin test as
> the mailscanner user, just not when MailScanner calls it, apparently.
>
> > 3) Path issues. Make sure you correctly have the dcc path set in the
> > spamassassin configuration. This is the error I made which resulted in the
> > same issue you are experiencing.
>
> Wouldn't this affect the command line test as well? Where would this
> be set - mailscanner.cf > spam.assassin.prefs.conf? This is what I see
> in that file:
>
> ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
> #dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc
> endif
>
> As far as I know we have not changed that so I assume it has always
> been commented out.

Got it working. All I did was uncomment the dcc_path line in
/etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf. I'm not sure why it is
commented out by default (if it is), or why it is apparently working
this way on other peoples' servers but not ours, but at any rate with
that line not commented out we are getting scores on the DCC_CHECK
from within Mailscanner on all our servers.

--
Regards,
Sarah Trayser

Way to the Web Ltd