Modify filename rule regex to allow exception

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Fri Aug 24 19:37:51 IST 2007

Hello,

I'd like to modify the following rule to allow an exception:

\.[a-z][a-z0-9]{2,3}\s*\.[a-z0-9]{3}$   Found possible filename hiding

Is it possible for this rule to be modified to allow .doc.rtf?

We get contracts in that format and they get stripped because of the
filename hiding. Instead of excepting a user (or sender) from all
filename checks with a ruleset or removing this rule entirely, I thought
it best to just modify the rule.

Or is there a better way to handle this?

Thanks,
Chris.