Modify filename rule regex to allow exception

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Aug 24 19:49:42 IST 2007

Chris W. Parker a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to modify the following rule to allow an exception:
>
> \.[a-z][a-z0-9]{2,3}\s*\.[a-z0-9]{3}$   Found possible filename hiding
>
> Is it possible for this rule to be modified to allow .doc.rtf?
>
> We get contracts in that format and they get stripped because of the
> filename hiding. Instead of excepting a user (or sender) from all
> filename checks with a ruleset or removing this rule entirely, I thought
> it best to just modify the rule.
>

> Or is there a better way to handle this?
>

> Thanks,
> Chris.

Chris,

I think the rules are accepted from top to bottom.  So you could put the
following line BEFORE the oher one in filename.rules.conf :
allow   \.doc\.rtf$   -   -

You could also use the following MailScanner.conf option:
# Allow any attachment filenames matching any of the patters listed here.
# If this setting is empty, it is ignored and no matches are made.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Allow Filenames =

Denis

--
   _