[luca@clamav.net: [Clamav-announce] announcing ClamAV 0.91.2]

Dave Shariff Yadallee - System Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem root at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
Tue Aug 21 16:36:06 IST 2007

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 11:23:03AM -0400, Rick Cooper wrote:

> [...]

adds support for PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) signatures (clamscan: --detect-pua, clamd: DetectPUA)

And from:

http://www.sophos.com/pressoffice/news/articles/2001/11/va_glossary.html#pua

Potentially unwanted application (PUA)

PUA is a term used to describe an application that is not inherently malicious, but is generally considered unsuitable for the majority of business networks. Potentially unwanted applications include adware, dialers, remote administration tools and hacking tools.

Hence you may be correct about definitions.

believed to be clean.