New Clam, Old, Mailscanner, Ancient Kernel

Gareth list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com
Tue Aug 21 08:41:32 IST 2007

My home system is still running redhat 9 with kernel-2.4.20-31.9.

I dont have mailscanner or clamav on there but I am running the latest
spamassassin with a whole load of plugins.

The main thing to do is upgrade perl to 5.8.8 and you should be able to
do that through CPAN. Once thats on then you should be able to install
spamassassin 3.2.3 and MailScanner without problems as they are all perl
based.