Blocked Extensions in password-protected zip archives

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Tue Aug 14 13:43:25 IST 2007

This is not intended as a flame, so please don't take it as one.

Once again, "business requirements" take precedence over security.

That's not your choice, I know.

email is NOT a secure and reliable transfer mechanism for sensitive content.

Nobody should be sending password-protected zip files to anybody by email.  Ever.

The best way is to have an https portal site or similar that these files can be uploaded to.

How do other MailScanner users handle this issue?

Phil
--
Phil Randal
Network Engineer