Blocked Extensions in password-protected zip archives

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Aug 14 13:44:55 IST 2007

Tim Sattler wrote on Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:58:42 +0200:

> I have set "Allow Password-Protected Archives = yes", but encrypted
> archives are nevertheless blocked if they contain files with blocked
> extensions.

I see. I wasn't aware that the file type can still be determined if the
archive is password-protected. BTW, there's also a setting for allowing
encrypted archives, so there's obviously a difference between
"password-protected" and "encrypted".

> Therefore, I would either need an option to disregard blocked
> extensions within password-protected archives

I think this would be a good option as it would allow certain filetypes
thru if the sender zips and password-protects them. But I don't see a way
to currently achieve this.

I think if you want to have an immediate workaround you have to use a
rules file and exclude certain senders from the file type check.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany