Blocked Extensions in password-protected zip archives

Sattler, Tim tim.sattler at nordcapital.com
Tue Aug 14 12:58:42 IST 2007

I have set "Allow Password-Protected Archives = yes", but encrypted
archives are nevertheless blocked if they contain files with blocked
extensions.

Now I could set "Maximum Archive Depth = 0" to solve this issue, but
then files with blocked extensions would also pass in non-protected
archives, which is not what I want.

Therefore, I would either need an option to disregard blocked
extensions within password-protected archives or the possibility to
use a ruleset for "Maximum Archive Depth" with a different result for
protected and non-protected archives.

PS: I know it's an additional risk to let password-protected archives
pass through, but it's a business need.

Regards
Tim