Sendmail help ?? Please.

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Aug 10 12:24:36 IST 2007

Andrews Carl 455 wrote on Fri, 10 Aug 2007 00:11:14 -0500:

> clicked reply

That's what you should do if you want to "reply". If you don't reply you don't
hit "reply", that simple ;-) A thread is not determined by the subject, but by
the in-reply-to or references headers. The subject is only used if neither of
these headers is available. If you want to post a new question, then simply
hit "new message" or what it is called in Outlook and enter the mailing-list
email address (some mail client's, like mine, will enter it automatically
..).

> I am not trying to be dense, in my client this appears as a separate thread.

Because your client is dumb. Actually, I think Outlook *can* thread correctly,
but you may need to enable it or maybe it automatically overrides correct
threading if the subject doesn't match.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany