New Stable Release, Clamd and Postfix?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Apr 30 21:21:31 IST 2007

Matt Hayes spake the following on 4/30/2007 7:09 AM:
> Paul Hutchings wrote:
>> My MailScanner box runs quite nicely running the previous stable version
>> 4.58.9.
>>
>> I'm suffering from the slow clamscan performance issue, and noticed the
>> new stable release supports clamd (which I'm running).
>>
>> Having looked at the manual it appears it should simply be a case of run
>> the installer script, then use upgrade_MailScanner_conf to update
>> MailScanner.conf with the new settings.
>>
>> Not having ever upgraded MailScanner before, I'd sooner ask the question
>> than get caught out - is this all there is to it (barring something
>> totally unforeseen happening)?
>>
>> Also as I run Postfix I have my MailScanner set to run as user "postfix"
>> as per the docs.  Will this cause me a problem (or can someone point me
>> where to go to RTFM?)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Paul
>>

> Paul,
>
> That is basically all there is to it.  However, if you are like me,
> anything custom that you've added like %rules-dir% files will more than
> likely have to be re-entered in.  If you use Mailwatch, some things with
> quarantine configuration to allow for released messages to bypass spam
> checks may have to be reconfigured.
>
> The great thing about the upgrade of mailscanner.. it leaves your old
> installation in place :)
>
> -Matt

The last statement isn't totally true. The rpm version will replace the
running files. I have a backup script I run that copies the running system
into a new directory and then I can upgrade or go back.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and