New Stable Release, Clamd and Postfix?

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Mon Apr 30 15:36:31 IST 2007

Paul,

In MailScanner.conf you can set the permissions for when using clamd.  Cannot get to my installation at the moment, but upgraded at the weekend and set the perms too 660.  Shutdown MailScanner, deleted the existing directories (as they were empty) under /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming and restarted.  Perms were applied correctly.

Regards.

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:02:06 +0100, "Paul Hutchings" <paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk> wrote:
> My MailScanner box runs quite nicely running the previous stable version
> 4.58.9.
>
> I'm suffering from the slow clamscan performance issue, and noticed the
> new stable release supports clamd (which I'm running).
>
> Having looked at the manual it appears it should simply be a case of run
> the installer script, then use upgrade_MailScanner_conf to update
> MailScanner.conf with the new settings.
>
> Not having ever upgraded MailScanner before, I'd sooner ask the question
> than get caught out - is this all there is to it (barring something
> totally unforeseen happening)?
>
> Also as I run Postfix I have my MailScanner set to run as user "postfix"
> as per the docs.  Will this cause me a problem (or can someone point me
> where to go to RTFM?)
>
> Cheers,
> Paul
>
> Paul Hutchings
> Network Administrator, MIRA Ltd.
> Tel: 44 (0)24 7635 5378
> Fax: 44 (0)24 7635 8378
> mailto:paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk
>

> --
> MIRA Ltd.
>
> Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England.
>
> Registered in England No. 402570
> VAT Registration  GB 114 5409 96
>
> The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of
> the intended recipient.
> If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify us either
> by e-mail, telephone or fax.
> You should not copy, forward or otherwise disclose the content of the
> e-mail as this is prohibited.

--[ UxBoD ]--
// PGP Key: "curl -s http://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: 543A E778 7F2D 98F1 3E50 9C1F F190 93E0 E8E8 0CF8
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net Key-ID: 0xE8E80CF8
// Phone: +44 (0) 845 869 2749  SIP: uxbod at sip.splatnix.net

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.