how to block mail where From and To are the same?

Daniel Maher daniel.maher at ubisoft.com
Fri Apr 27 15:51:53 IST 2007

Hello all,

Lately I have been receiving an increasingly large amount of spam where both the From and To fields are identical (and, of course, forged).  The net result is that many of my users appear to be receiving spam from themselves, which is causing some distress amongst the user base.

Now, there are a handful of ways to deal with this situation; however, like always, the community probably already knows the best way to block - or at least add SA points to - such spam.

I'm using Postfix 2.0 (yes, I know), and the newest MailScanner & SpamAssassin.  Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

--

  _
 °v°  Daniel Maher

"How can a man choose between Fresh and Fly?  And believe me, there IS a difference." - Crack Stuntman, 2007.