Upgrade to clamav 0.90.2 makes scanning extremely slow

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Apr 25 20:48:13 IST 2007

> Are there any tips on commandline diagnostics for the clamavmodule?
> I have a system that has been choking with the module for 2 weeks, and the
> mailscanner.conf fix isn't working with it.
> I am running clamav now, but the load is much higher.
>
> I am going to try the tip of clearing the definitions and re-running freshclam
> to see if that helps.
I have tried re-downloading the definitions, but this system still just keeps
re-starting with clamavmodule. I have another near-identical system that works
fine. I guess I will have to run MailScanner in debug this weekend to see if I
get more clues as to why one system is failing.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and