Mailscanner Conf

Seamus Allan seamus at rheelweb.co.nz
Fri Apr 13 05:35:36 IST 2007

Hi guys, been lurking for the last while, and now I have a question.
We are running MailScanner with Postfix and all the jazz quite successfully
for over a year now. After a while I have noticed that some very spammy
messages are getting through with quite low spam scores. Intrigued, I placed
some of these messages where I could get to them, and ran (as root)
spamassassin -t < messagefile, and I get a good score (well over the
threshold). So then I sudo'd the spamassassin command as the postfix user,
and I got the low score - bingo.
However, I am not sure which config is user dependent, and where to shift it
to such that it gets used by spamassassin when run by the postfix user.

It's probably a pretty simple solution, but I just can't find it.

Cheers

Seamus.

Seamus Allan
Network Engineer