None of the files matched by the "Monitors For ClamAV Updates" patterns exist None of the files matched by the "Monitors For ClamAV Updates" patterns exist!

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Wed Apr 11 08:53:29 IST 2007

Hi!

>> Please let me know if you have any pointers for me.
>
> Yup, just got bitten by this myself. In MailScanner.conf there is a line that
> says Monitors for ClamAV Updates = make sure this ends /*.inc not /*.csd
>
> It would appear that Clam has changed the extension that it uses for
> definitions. MailScanner will be quite happy after then.

Uhm no! This is definately not true. Delete all files inside this dir, and
do a freshclam, what do you got now? Again .cs* files...

I warned for this when Clam 0.9x hit the streets. See my older posting on
this some months ago, But nobody took it seriously. I warned the update
procedure of clam was changing. But some users reported no it will work
(now). Obviously those same users will see it needs to be fixed. Either in
the config or in the code. ;)

My older posting can be found on :

http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2007-February/070474.html

Oh well...