extra headers, but only to certain addresses

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Wed Apr 4 21:23:49 IST 2007

Hi everyone,

I've discovered something a bit odd, and it's got me stumped. Mail sent
to some accounts get some extra headers tacked on to the top that all
start with "X-Spam-", yet messages from the same address to other
accounts on the same server don't get the headers. I've even tested
sending the same message to both users and tailing their mailbox files,
and indeed, headers are added in one case, but not another.

The extra headers are:

Does this mean these messages are being run through spamassassin twice?
Or is there a setting in MailScanner that could be doing this? But I
still don't understand the inconsistency.

Chris