New Server Specs?

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Wed Apr 4 12:31:37 IST 2007

On Wed, April 4, 2007 11:37, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
>  We also put the Postfix
<snipped>
> queues on a TMPFS for improved
> performance, hence having quite a large amount of memory.

I would watch having your main MTA queues in TMPFS, although I am sure you
have it covered with multiple redundant power etc. IF the power did die
then all the mail in the MTA queues would also go west. Not an issue for
MailScanner as that's what it does on start up any way (Flush it's work
directories) and then it picks up the messages fresh from the hold queue
or incoming process (Depending on MTA). Personally I would have err,
upset, users if all the mail that was waiting to be processed in the hold
queue or delivered in the ../incoming/ queue went missing due to some
unforseen error (Cleaner pulling out power cord, datacenter's diverse
power not failing over etc, etc).

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ