Incoming and outgoing queue..

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Fri Sep 22 00:50:50 IST 2006

I've started using sav (smf-sav) which is a free milter that does both
the same thing that milter-ahead does plus it looks backward to
validate the send too. I've been using about a month or two and it's
working very well.

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:34:50 -0700
  Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>JD Doelitzsch spake the following on 9/21/2006 2:06 PM:
>> In my case it was the maillog's that filled up to a crazy amount
>>until no
>> disk space for incoming was available. I have 1gb mem with 4 child
>> processes. Im thinking I need to get milter-ahead for the mail log
>>issue Im
>> getting a bunch of "sorry no dude at mydomain.com is here". In any case
>>since I
>> did hit that disk full error, does MS stop working on the queue or
>>does it
>> continue when space is available again?
>Usually, a process that hits a disk full will either lock or fault.
>It depends
>on the program. But a restart after the problem clears should do it.
>I am currently working on a howto for sendmail and mimedefang to work
>like
>milter-ahead. Mimedefang is open licensed, so it is easier to work
>with (and
>free!).
>I should have it in the wiki in a week or so.
>
>--
>
>MailScanner is like deodorant...
>You hope everybody uses it, and
>you notice quickly if they don't!!!!
>
>--
>
>Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting

Dennis Willson

taz at taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham: ka6lsw
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt, Equip, UW Photographer,
Gas Blender

Owner: Kepnet Internet Services

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"