Incoming and outgoing queue..

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Sep 22 00:34:50 IST 2006

JD Doelitzsch spake the following on 9/21/2006 2:06 PM:
> In my case it was the maillog's that filled up to a crazy amount until no
> disk space for incoming was available. I have 1gb mem with 4 child
> processes. Im thinking I need to get milter-ahead for the mail log issue Im
> getting a bunch of "sorry no dude at mydomain.com is here". In any case since I
> did hit that disk full error, does MS stop working on the queue or does it
> continue when space is available again?
Usually, a process that hits a disk full will either lock or fault. It depends
on the program. But a restart after the problem clears should do it.
I am currently working on a howto for sendmail and mimedefang to work like
milter-ahead. Mimedefang is open licensed, so it is easier to work with (and
free!).
I should have it in the wiki in a week or so.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and