Incoming and outgoing queue..

Jim Holland mailscanner at mango.zw
Fri Sep 22 09:33:47 IST 2006

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Dennis Willson wrote:

> I've started using sav (smf-sav) which is a free milter that does both
> the same thing that milter-ahead does plus it looks backward to validate
> the send too. I've been using about a month or two and it's working very
> well.

I would expect this free/open source solution to have far less overhead,
as well as having the advantage of very simple configuration, compared
with using Mimedefang.  Use a simple tool designed for the job.

I have been testing smf-sav on a couple of small systems and found it very
useful - it dramatically cut down spam on systems with no other spam
protection.  The developer is also very helpful.  I plan to use it on our
main server as soon as I have done some checks (using their very handy
sender address verification test utility) to see what addresses I need to
whitelist before rolling it out.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service