[OT] Wrong Files type from /usr/bin/file

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at pl.jaring.my
Wed Sep 20 17:41:39 IST 2006

Hello All,

I know I should ask the question here but the result show from the
search don't seem to show much that is useful. So I hope I can get some
help here.

I'm using file to determine the file type, It work well until one day
where tread some UTF-8 Signature TXT to be DOS executable (COM) files.

e.g
# file msg-30776-13.txt
msg-30776-13.txt: DOS executable (COM)

However, if I put an extra flag "-i" on cli It work well.

# file -i msg-30776-13.txt
msg-30776-13.txt: text/plain; charset=utf-8

# file --version
file-4.17
magic file from /usr/share/misc/file/magic

Any hints on how to make change on Mailscanner.conf?

Please help.

P.s I can't seem to attach the text files here for the same reason...

Regards,
Chan Min Wai