New Spam Format? Could be 0-day?

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Wed Sep 20 14:31:06 IST 2006

http://www.avertlabs.com/research/blog/?p=80
<http://www.avertlabs.com/research/blog/?p=80>

Cheers,

Phil

--
Phil Randal
Network Engineer
Herefordshire Council
Hereford, UK

  _____

From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Edward
Prendergast
Sent: 20 September 2006 11:15
To: mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
Subject: New Spam Format? Could be 0-day?

Hi,

I've just received a spam message with an attached MS Word document in a
new spin on the GIF attachment method. Has anybody else seen this
before? Should I be forwarding this on to other lists?

SA report and headers here:

http://paste-bin.com/581 <http://paste-bin.com/581>

email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
recipient, any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and/or publication of this E-mail message is
E-mail message in error, please notify us immediately. Please also
destroy and delete the message from your computer.