OT: Sendmail: stopping RBL checks for authenticated users

Ian cobalt-users1 at fishnet.co.uk
Fri Sep 15 16:38:29 IST 2006

On 13 Sep 2006 at 21:43, Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:

> Scott Silva wrote:
> > Ian spake the following on 9/13/2006 6:27 AM:
> > AFAIR you need "feature (delay_checks)"
> > That way smtp auth comes first.
> > But I could be wrong. Just because I answered first doesn't mean I'm right.

Hi,

I have now configured the sendmail delay_checks feature and it looks like the one I want.
All test have worked ok and I'm ready to let the users at it.

One of the nice side effects of this is I can see the FROM & TO addresses of any mail
which gets dropped because of RBLs.  It should make it easier to track down when there
are problems.

Thanks for the help.

> You should also look into:
>
> dnl # The following causes sendmail to additionally listen to port 587 for
> dnl # mail from MUAs that authenticate. Roaming users who can't reach their
> dnl # preferred sendmail daemon due to port 25 being blocked or
> redirected find
> dnl # this useful.
> dnl #
> dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=submission, Name=MSA, M=Ea')dnl
>
> just remove the "dnl" so it looks like:
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=submission, Name=MSA, M=Ea')dnl
>
> and you'll have port 587 (with AUTH required) enabled.

I will take a look at this as well and see if it can give me anything more.  Should be useful
for the few remaining AOL users out there.

Thanks

Ian
Ian Gibbons
Fish.Net Ltd                     Providing Internet Solutions
http://www.fishnet.co.uk      e-mail IanGibbons at fishnet.co.uk
Tel +44 (0)1457 819600                 Fax +44 (0)1457 819602