OT: Sendmail: stopping RBL checks for authenticated users

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Thu Sep 14 03:43:22 IST 2006

Scott Silva wrote:
> Ian spake the following on 9/13/2006 6:27 AM:
> AFAIR you need "feature (delay_checks)"
> That way smtp auth comes first.
> But I could be wrong. Just because I answered first doesn't mean I'm right.

You should also look into:

dnl # The following causes sendmail to additionally listen to port 587 for
dnl # mail from MUAs that authenticate. Roaming users who can't reach their
dnl # preferred sendmail daemon due to port 25 being blocked or
redirected find
dnl # this useful.
dnl #
dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=submission, Name=MSA, M=Ea')dnl

just remove the "dnl" so it looks like:
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=submission, Name=MSA, M=Ea')dnl

and you'll have port 587 (with AUTH required) enabled.