Attachments

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 15:44:28 IST 2006

Hope one of you MailScanner gurus can help!

We are having clients complaining that some messages with attachments
aren't arriving ...

example (which I have replicated):

This morning I sent a message to a particular client who is having
problems.
Attachment is a .zip of 2Mb
Our MTA (Exchange) says it has been delivered successfully
The receiving server maillog has no entries at all as far as I can see
I receive no bounce (yet) ..

I have checked the filename.rules.conf and filetype.rules.conf and they
allow .zip files

If I put the following entry at the top of the filetype.rules.conf and
filename.rules.conf

allow	.	-	-

then all works fine.

I would like some filtering of files but cannot afford to have
apparently innocuous files causing mail to evaporate ;)

Thanks

Colin