Hold queue question

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 08:26:46 IST 2006

On 11/09/06, Green, Rodney <rgreen at trayerproducts.com> wrote:

> Glenn Steen wrote:
> >

> > One could of course imagine a situation where messages are piling up,
> > and one would want to "fast-lane" that über-important message to the
> > CEO/PHB/<other person who doesn't really have a grip on what email
> > is>, but ... there would be a certain risk that one would be "shooting
> > ones foot", so to speak:-).
> >

> The reason I asked was because messages were piling up in the queue, as
> you said, and I thought of using postsuper to release
> a few messages from the hold queue. I wasn't really sure whether or not
> they were bypassing MS. The messages were actually
> just mail from local user to another local user so I knew that they were
> good.

You might consider not doing all scanning for "local" users then. For
example: I don't do SA on outbound (but do virus scanning and
iframe/script/codebase disarming etc) by a wellplaced rulest
"whitelisting"... Obviously, what you can skip is up to your
policy:-). Might "lighten" the load a bit. Also, one could perhaps
look a bit at "tightening down" the postfix "peak throttles", which
usually are pretty forgiving. But you knew that;).

> Thanks Glenn and Drew.

Glad to be of help.

--
-- Glenn