No logging after upgrade

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Sat Sep 2 11:12:16 IST 2006

Hi,

I upgraded to MS version 4.55.10 and after a few changes there is no MailScanner
messages sent to the log.

The install script left Sys::Syslog version 0.17, and it was working when I
started it with the default configuration by mistake, it complained about
DBD::SQLite and later about wrong path to unrar, I installed DBD::SQLite and put
the correct configuration and restarted and after that nothing was output to the
log.  Then I changed Sys::Syslog to version 0.18, restarted and no change.

Strange thing is that running "./MailScanner --lint" does produce the usual
starting... message, and the process stays after reporting no errors.

Any ideas?  How did I disabled logging?
--
René Berber