MS 4.55.9 not detecting Mail::ClamAV

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Oct 28 23:07:43 IST 2006

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, Julian Field wrote:

> I personally wouldn't recommend hundreds of messages per batch, the
> process sizes will get enormous. I would recommend clamavmodule as it
> avoids the startup cost of running the binary.

With the mail loads a few of the servers did, they had to or it'd take an
hour or two to get delivered :(

but it worked fine grunty HP's with f-prot.
The clamavmodule just can't handle it, it used to bail, I never posted
here about it because you dont code that module :)  It does work OK if you
are only doing a few hundred K messages a day, but when the server does
millions a day it doesn't.

Maybe they corrected what was ever wrong with it now, this is going back,
umm late last year or there abouts. but f-prot works great and like they
say "if it aint broke don't fsck it"

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd