RCVD_IN_BSP_TRUSTED

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Wed Oct 25 08:04:09 IST 2006

On 25 Oct 2006, at 05:37, Jim Coates wrote:

>>> Is it any big deal to upgrade SpamAssassin when it is working with
>>> MailScanner?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jim
>>>

>> www.mailscanner.info download and install the clamav and sa
>> package that
>> Jules maintains at the current release. Installs everything you
>> need to
>> upgrade/install SA.
>
> Will Julian's "easy install" for ClamAV and SpamAssassin work for a
> FreeBSD
> machine that is already running an older version of SpamAssassin
> and ClamAV?
> I'd like to bring everything up to date, but the FreeBSD ports are
> a little
> behind.

Yes but it will be messy as it won't follow the BSD file structure
and there is a good chance that there will be libraries that won't be
found as they are some where else in BSD.

> I wasn't sure whether the install.sh from Julian's download would
> install in
> the same directories etc that FreeBSD uses (which tend to be
> different from
> everyone else).

No. I would use the ports. They aren't that far behind (Although the
MailScanner port is one version lower currently as Jan-Peter hasn't
got round to updating it yet. Don't forget to 'cvsup' your ports tree
to make sure.

Drew