Found 385 messages waiting

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Oct 19 16:09:39 IST 2006

Glenn Steen spake the following on 10/19/2006 12:20 AM:
> On 18/10/06, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:

>> You
>> but i

>> > Scott,
>> >
>> > Not really since emails never stay that long in the mqueue.in
>> > directory.  I have been careful enough to program it late in the
>> morning
>> > (9:19).  The only files that are still in mqueue.in at 9:19 are the
>> > leftovers with only one q/d file.
>> >
>> > Denis
>> >
>> Sorry, I posted without seeing that you were cleaning the in queue.
>> I/O error on my part. Or more of an ID10T error. I have to read slower
>> in the
>> morning!
>
> This is where you need switch beverage from L1QU0R to JAVA.... Sigh, I
> tire even myself with my lame sense of humour:-).
>
> Only thing to be careful with, regarding your cron-scriptlet Denis,
> would be if (for some unkowable reason) MailScanner wasn't moving
> things out of the in queue... Like an "extended error" on the weekend
> or somesuch (you do go on vacation from time tyo time?:-)... Other
> than that, the logic of it is flawless. Unfortunately (or because I'm
> just into my first cup of coffee:-) I don't really see a good way to
> determine that MS is moving things along.... The simple tests (that
> there are MS children about) would probably be enough, if one would
> want to implement something like that:-).

I have seen a script or two on the list that will only delete if there is not
a matching pair of qf/df. That should take into account the orphans, but not
mess with active mail. Since mailscanner moves the queue files by hard link in
new directory/ unlink in old, there should be no danger of hurting files in
progress. As for the beverage switch, I would rather go the other direction!  ;-)

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and