Found 385 messages waiting

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 08:20:55 IST 2006

On 18/10/06, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> Denis Beauchemin spake the following on 10/18/2006 10:40 AM:
> > Scott Silva a écrit :
> >> Denis Beauchemin spake the following on 10/18/2006 7:46 AM:

> >> It would be better to use something that goes back at least the number
> >> of days
> >> your system will retry for, something like;

> > Scott,
> >
> > Not really since emails never stay that long in the mqueue.in
> > directory.  I have been careful enough to program it late in the morning
> > (9:19).  The only files that are still in mqueue.in at 9:19 are the
> > leftovers with only one q/d file.
> >
> > Denis
> >
> Sorry, I posted without seeing that you were cleaning the in queue.
> I/O error on my part. Or more of an ID10T error. I have to read slower in the
> morning!

This is where you need switch beverage from L1QU0R to JAVA.... Sigh, I
tire even myself with my lame sense of humour:-).

Only thing to be careful with, regarding your cron-scriptlet Denis,
would be if (for some unkowable reason) MailScanner wasn't moving
things out of the in queue... Like an "extended error" on the weekend
or somesuch (you do go on vacation from time tyo time?:-)... Other
than that, the logic of it is flawless. Unfortunately (or because I'm
just into my first cup of coffee:-) I don't really see a good way to
determine that MS is moving things along.... The simple tests (that
there are MS children about) would probably be enough, if one would
want to implement something like that:-).

--
-- Glenn