Found 385 messages waiting

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 18:55:34 IST 2006

On 19/10/06, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> Glenn Steen spake the following on 10/19/2006 12:20 AM:
> > On 18/10/06, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> >> Denis Beauchemin spake the following on 10/18/2006 10:40 AM:

> >> You
> >> but i

> >> morning

> >> Sorry, I posted without seeing that you were cleaning the in queue.
> >> I/O error on my part. Or more of an ID10T error. I have to read slower
> >> in the
> >> morning!
> >
> > This is where you need switch beverage from L1QU0R to JAVA.... Sigh, I
> > tire even myself with my lame sense of humour:-).
> >
> > Only thing to be careful with, regarding your cron-scriptlet Denis,
> > would be if (for some unkowable reason) MailScanner wasn't moving
> > things out of the in queue... Like an "extended error" on the weekend
> > or somesuch (you do go on vacation from time tyo time?:-)... Other
> > than that, the logic of it is flawless. Unfortunately (or because I'm
> > just into my first cup of coffee:-) I don't really see a good way to
> > determine that MS is moving things along.... The simple tests (that
> > there are MS children about) would probably be enough, if one would
> > want to implement something like that:-).
> >
> I have seen a script or two on the list that will only delete if there is not
> a matching pair of qf/df. That should take into account the orphans, but not
> mess with active mail. Since mailscanner moves the queue files by hard link in
> new directory/ unlink in old, there should be no danger of hurting files in
> progress.
Yes of course, no argument there.

> As for the beverage switch, I would rather go the other direction!  ;-)
Ah yes... Although I've been told that if one does that too frequently
during the week, one might get branded as an "alcoholic":-)...
Unfortunately for me I'll be stone sober this whole weekend... I
suppose the users/PHB will appreciate this, since that'll make it less
likely that I will have done something silly with the new network
gear;-).

--
-- Glenn