Disarming Disarm

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 12:29:54 IST 2006

On 19/10/06, Peter Bates <Peter.Bates at lshtm.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hello all...
>
> I have
>
> Allow IFrame Tags
> Allow Script Tags
> Allow WebBugs
>
> and so on set to 'disarm'.
>
> Without correlating the logs I'm not sure why a particular
> email would be '{Disarmed}', but on a request I'd like to
> bypass this processing for a particular whitelisted sender.
>
> Obviously I can make all the 'Allow ... ' settings into pointers to a
> ruleset,
> or is there another setting I can easily change to bypass all of this?
>
> I'd like to try and avoid using 'Scan Messages' with a ruleset if I
> could.
You could always set it on the Dangerous Content thing... IIRC that
should take care of things:-):
# Do you want to scan the messages for potentially dangerous content?
# Setting this to "no" will disable all the content-based checks except
# Virus Scanning, Allow Partial Messages and Allow External Message Bodies.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Dangerous Content Scanning = yes

(obviously you'd make that one a ruleset then:-)
--
-- Glenn