Issues with TNEF and Phishing Net options

Sattler, Tim tim.sattler at nordcapital.com
Thu Oct 19 15:07:47 IST 2006

Hello,

after upgrading from 4.49.7 to 4.56.8, I have a problem with two of the
new options:

1) TNEF:
The option "Use TNEF Contents = replace" does not work if also "Deliver
Unparsable TNEF = yes" is set, i.e., the winmail.dat attachment will be
delivered unchanged. However, if I set "Deliver Unparsable TNEF = no",
the same winmail.dat attachment will be replaced with the files it
contains.

2) Phishing Net:
If the option "Use Stricter Phishing Net = no" is set, MailScanner does
also tag hosts that are whitelisted in "Phishing Safe Sites File". Is
this made by design?

We run MailScanner 4.56.8 on Solaris 9 with sendmail as MTA.

Best regards
Tim