spam getting through without even being checked

Andy Norris andy at tireswing.net
Fri Oct 13 17:26:39 IST 2006

Yes, Chris, this is the problem I'm having with Ensim / MailScanner
right now. Are you getting tons of sendmail processes running?

If I stop sendmail, like I'm supposed to for MailScanner, MailScanner
does, indeed, start the instances of sendmail that it needs for
pushing the mail to the mailboxes. However, I cannot sent mail from
my email client through the server, as there's no connection (nothing
listening on port 25). So I have to be running sendmail, and
MailScanner is only scanning the mail it gets around to before other
sendmail processes deliver it without scanning.

Also, when shutting down sendmail, the
/home/virtual/FILESYSTEMTEMPLATE/services/sendmail/mqueue directory
gets backed up with a lot of mail... then when starting sendmail
again -- because I have to! -- it takes a lot of time to get that
mail out the door. In fact, there is mail in that directory from a
couple days ago, and I need to figure out how to get sendmail to deal
with all that. Is that directory filling up for you, as well?

Seems that just recently things have started going more haywire.
Don't know if it's just that we're being pounded by spammers or what.

It would be great if we could share anything we might find to get to
where we need to be!

Thanks,
Andy Norris
andy at tireswing.net