Postfix conversion

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Wed Oct 11 21:16:35 IST 2006

Thanks! The docs I was using didn't included that, although I see on
closer reading that the ones on the wiki do. Also, I had changed the
queue directories from the sendmail defaults to the correct postfix
ones, but somehow managed to exit MailScanner.conf without saving those.
Those two things make for a lot more activity in the log!

Van

Glenn Steen wrote:

> On 11/10/06, G. Armour Van Horn <vanhorn at whidbey.com> wrote:
>
>> Help! For some reason my message last night hasn't gone out to the list,
>> or at least it didn't get here, so this is a repeat - just a little more
>> desparate.
>>
>> I decided to switch to Postfix and I believe I have it running, and I
>> made the mods to the MailScanner.conf and the two postfix .cf files as
>> per the docs on the wiki. But it doesn't look like things are working
>> yet, and mail from outside is still not getting delivered.
>>
>> When I run "service MailScanner start" it still tries to launch two
>> copies of Sendmail instead of the one copy of Postfix. I'm not sure, but
>> I think this is my main problem. Is there a replacement startup script
>> for MailScanner when used with Postfix?
>>
>> Van
>

> Did you remember to change the MTA setting in MailScanner.conf
> (http://www.mailscanner.info/MailScanner.conf.index.html#MTA)?
>
> What version of MailScanner are we talking about? What
> platform/OS/whatnot...?

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For photography, web design, hosting, and maintenance,
visit Van's home page: http://www.domainvanhorn.com/van/